Choose your Medical Billing & Coding program from the list of Nevada schools below. You may choose from traditional classroom courses and flexible online programs, and from a variety of reputable Medical Billing degrees. Las Vegas and Reno offer the majority of Medical Billing & Coding positions in Nevada; however, many other hospitals and clinics throughout the state are also hiring. Renown Regional Medical Center and Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center are two of the state’s largest employers, accounting for more than 1,000 of Nevada’s hospital beds. The state also has a number of schools that provide Medical Billing & Coding training that can increase the chances of obtaining a position in a medical care facility.
As a Nevada Medical Billing & Coding professional, you will:
- Document patient symptom and treatment information
- Code information according to universal medical coding systems
- Communicate treatment and billing information with insurance carriers
- Manage reimbursement for hospitals and physician practices
Some career figures for Medical Billers in Nevada:
- Average annual salary: $36,880
- Currently employed: 1,340
- Employment outlook: 20% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Nevada Medical Billing & Coding Schools Enrolling Now